6th August 2019
30th August 2019
£ 12,000 per year
Newcastle upon Tyne
10th October 2019
Your Homes Newcastle (YHN) is an Arms Length Management Organisation (ALMO) responsible for managing council homes on behalf of Newcastle City Council. YHN was set up in 2004 to manage council properties, to improve housing in order to meet the Government’s Decent Homes standard, and to provide a range of support services for Newcastle City Council.
YHN currently manages:
- 26,700 council homes on behalf of Newcastle City Council.
- Over 700 homes on behalf of Leazes Homes.
- 1,500 leasehold properties on behalf of Newcastle City Council.
This is a rare opportunity to lead the largest Housing ALMO and we are seeking an experienced and high calibre individual who understands how to both collaborate with our partners and stakeholder and meet the expectations of our customers.
The Chair will lead the common purpose Board for YHN focussing on the organisations vision, purpose and strategic direction. This will include managing an effective relationship between the Board and staff, the external stakeholders and to act as a spokesperson and figurehead as appropriate.
The role requires exceptional Board-level leadership skills from a similarly large and complex environment. Irrespective of sector, you will need to have a passion for quality and excellence alongside superb communication and interpersonal skills. Politically astute, with the understanding of how best to manage a Board to achieve its maximum potential, you will be experienced in building and developing relationships and partnerships with to deliver exceptional outcomes.
Time commitment and remuneration;
The role has a significant times commitment; circa 3 days per month and remuneration is £12,000 plus expenses. The post is not eligible for the Local Government Pension Scheme.
For further information and details of how to apply please contact Sarah Walker, Dixon Walter on 0191 5005500 or at email@example.com
To apply for the role please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- An up-to-date CV. Candidates are advised that following the introduction of the Employment Equality (Age) Regulations 2006, you are no longer obliged to provide your date of birth on your CV
- A covering letter of no more than 2000 words that addresses both the essential and the desirable requirements in the person specification and provides details of your current remuneration and notice period
- Details of three referees (one who should be your current employer), including name, nature of your relationship, position and contact details
- A completed Equal Opportunities form (downloadable from this site)
Following receipt of your application, you will receive an acknowledgement from Dixon Walter. Within this response, you will be required to provide consent under the new general data protection regulations. If you fail to provide this consent your application will not be processed further.
Diversity is valued at both Dixon Walter and Your Homes Newcastle and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Share this position.