Chief Executive, St. Mary Magdalene & Holy Jesus Trust
31st January 2020
17th February 2020
Salary c70K plus benefits;
Newcastle upon Tyne
The St. Mary Magdalene & Holy Jesus Trust is an amalgamation of two Almshouse charities in the City of Newcastle. The Charity exists mainly to provide housing for older persons who are in need, hardship or distress. The Trust also provides domestic and maintenance services for those beneficiaries requiring assistance. The Charity’s area of benefit is the City of Newcastle upon Tyne and the surrounding area.
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, you will lead the charity; managing a small team running the daily operations and developing the strategy for the organisation; including managing the property portfolio and leading on a number of key development and new build projects.
The role requires exceptional leadership skills and you will need to have a passion for quality and excellence alongside superb communication and interpersonal skills. You will be experienced in building and developing relationships to deliver exceptional outcomes.
The role will require strong generalist management skills and we are looking for a senior leader from the housing, charity or other not-for-profit sectors. Applicants do not have to have direct housing experience however experience in a regulated environment will be essential managing a housing or charity operation will be advantageous.
We are looking for a candidate with strong people skills who is able to build effective working relationships with the residents, the team and the Trustees. You must be able to appreciate the ethos and social value aspect of the service St Mary Magdalene and Holy Jesus Trust provides.
- Operational leadership experience gained within a housing association or charity
- Knowledge of housing operations, health and safety & compliance within the Housing Sector.
- Strong project management skills, prior experience of leading property projects and developments will be an advantage.
- Managing budgets and controlling costs including delivering value for money (VFM).
- Process management and delivering change in a structured and effective method.
- Good understanding of procurement and negotiating and managing external supplier agreements.
- Experience of working closely with residents or customers.
For further information and details of how to apply please contact Jim Allcroft on 07388 642631 or at email@example.com
To apply for the role please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date on Monday 17th February.
- An up-to-date CV.
- A covering letter that addresses your motivations for applying as well as your suitability for the post.
- A completed Equal Opportunities form (downloadable from this site)
Diversity is valued at Dixon Walter and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Following receipt of your application, you will receive an acknowledgement from Dixon Walter. Within this response, you will be required to provide consent under the new general data protection regulations. If you fail to provide this consent your application will not be processed further.
Share this position.