Supporting you throughout
Moving on is quite a big decision, so we’ll do whatever we can to support you. We will:
- be sensitive and discreet in all of our contact with you
- only recommend you for posts which are right for you
- offer round-the-clock access to information
- make our specialists fully available to you
- advise you as you weigh up decisions
- assist you with any delicate salary negotiations
- do our best to keep everything moving smoothly and prevent delays
- provide constructive feedback on your application, whatever the outcome
- stay in touch once you’re in post.
Information about future opportunities
Develop a competitive edge by making the most of our in-depth knowledge of the markets.Besides keeping you informed of current opportunities, our consultants can offer insights on where new roles are being created in response to changing market conditions, shifts in national policy, and emerging requirements within the Housing, Infrastructure and Property markets.
CV and interview preparation
Making a good first impression matters, so we’ll guide you with your CV/application and help to prepare you for interview. We’ll also ensure you receive a high-quality, detailed briefing about the vacancy. We’ll explain the organisations recruitment process, along with any particular requirements and preferences.
Feedback & aftercare
Whatever the outcome of your application, we’ll ask for feedback from the organisation and pass it on to you. We’ll take the time to offer you honest, clear and constructive advice to support you in your career development. Once you’ve taken up your new post, we’ll stay in touch for a while to help ensure a smooth transition.
Stay in touch
Even if you aren’t ready to move on right now, or the position we approach you about doesn’t appeal, we recommend that you use the contact opportunity to compare thoughts and extend your network for future reference. Long-term relationships with the right head-hunters have often proved very advantageous for executives and senior leaders.