Head of Investments
8th January 2019
30th January 2020
£65k plus benefits
TBC mid February
Advance Northumberland is a unique economic regeneration company, newly established by Northumberland County Council with a clear remit to improve prosperity, quality of life and increase business activity throughout the communities of Northumberland.
Wholly owned by Northumberland County Council and with a board made up of public and private sectors, Advance Northumberland is the Council’s primary regeneration delivery vehicle. It employs a wide range of investment, development and regeneration capabilities to shape places and promote economic growth and prosperity in Northumberland. It has an ambitious and diverse portfolio of regeneration projects across the region and an impressive house-building programme.
This is an exciting time to join the business and candidates should recognise the unique nature of the role; relish the challenge and ultimately be attracted by the career opportunity and the genuine ability to make a huge impact. This is a management role carrying high visibility across the entire business. The individual will be a key driver in the economic success of various projects across the length and breadth of Northumberland.
As Head of Investments you will report to the Director of Economic Growth and Investments to identify and secure opportunities for strategic investment, utilising a wide range of land, property and assets and in accordance with Advance Northumberland’s Corporate Strategy, regeneration plans and aspirations.
- Qualified to relevant degree level in commercial property investment and development (or equivalent)
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- Proven property valuation and analysis skills, covering a broad understanding of all matters relating to the residential and commercial property investment.
- Project management experience, including land and property acquisitions and disposals, procurement and contract management.
- Wide range of sector experience including commercial projects essential.
- Demonstrate effective negotiation, influencing and communication skills at all levels.
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have please contact Jim Allcroft, 0131 202 1000 / email@example.com
Applications should be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 30th January and must include on separate documents:
- a letter of application setting out your interest in the role and details of how you match the person specification;
- a comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV);
- details of three referees and your current remuneration (Referees will not be contacted without your permission);
- a completed Equal Opportunities form (located above under the Organisation Logo on the Right hand side of the page).
Final stage selection date provisionally set for Thursday 30th January.
Diversity is valued at both Dixon Walter and Advance Northumberland and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Following receipt of your application, you will receive an acknowledgement from Dixon Walter. Within this response, you will be required to provide consent under the new general data protection regulations. If you fail to provide this consent your application will not be processed further.
Share this position.