Director of Estates Development and Operations
2nd January 2024
25th January 2024
Competitive salary, pension, and benefits
TBC February 2024
Join the University of Hull: Where Vision Meets Impact
At the University of Hull, we are at an exciting juncture in our academic journey. Our commitment to research excellence, improved rankings, and substantial investments in our digital and physical campus have set the stage for us to celebrate our centenary in 2027. Rooted in principles of social justice and sustainability, we are in the process of reshaping our brand and product offerings for the next century.
Why Join Us:
Our Vice-Chancellor’s vision for academic excellence and growth presents an exciting opportunity for you to be part of a thriving academic community. With a history dating back to 1927, the University of Hull has a tradition of producing leaders and innovators across various fields. We are fostering a collaborative “One Team” culture that empowers staff to drive service improvements, supporting both students and colleagues in achieving their goals. Our stunning campus is in the heart of Hull, and offers a stimulating environment for research, teaching, and personal development.
We are seeking a visionary and customer-focused individual for the position of Director of Estate Planning to lead and oversee our universities’ real estate and facilities management. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic plans to optimise our real estate assets, enhance operational efficiency, and ensure a safe and productive work environment for our employees.
As the Director of Estates Development and Operations, you will be a key player in delivering our ambitious campus development program and sustainability goals. You will lead the strategic planning and development of our physical infrastructure, ensuring a seamless integration of digital technologies across the institution.
- Oversee Campus Development, including Major Capital Projects and Engineering Projects.
- Manage Operations and Maintenance, covering Engineering Maintenance and Compliance, and Buildings and Grounds Maintenance.
- Contribute to the development of the estates strategy, ensuring best practices for major campus developments.
- Build and lead a team capable of taking an internal consultancy approach, prioritizing capital investment aligned with growth plans.
- Develop strategic relationships with internal departments, external organizations, and local authorities.
- Lead the adoption of the new organization-wide service governance model and digital platforms.
Join us in shaping the future of education at the University of Hull. Your journey begins here.
How to apply
For further information and details of how to apply, please contact Jim Allcroft at email@example.com and 07388 642 631.
Applications should be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include on separate documents:
- a letter of application setting out your interest in the role and details of how you match the person specification
- a comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV)
- details of three referees and notice period (Referees will not be contacted without your permission)
- a completed Personal details form (available above)
The closing date for applications is Thursday 25 January.
Preliminary interviews will be held with Dixon Walter via Teams on TBC
A formal selection process will take place at the University of Hull on TBC February.
At Hull, we are committed to equality of opportunity, diversity, and inclusion at every level, because we believe a diverse workforce brings broader expertise, improved innovation, and greater success for all.
In making an application for this role we ask you also to view our Privacy Notice which outlines our compliance to General Data Protection Regulations and the use and storage of your data. Personal Data is held and processed on the lawful basis that such action is in the Legitimate Interest of the company in pursuing the purposes described and has been considered through the use of a Legitimate Interest Assessment utilising the Balance Test to not be outweighed by risks to the rights, freedoms and interests of the Data Subject.
Share this position.